Thursday, June 9, 2011


(this is one piece in particular i really like, imagining this as a very large floor to ceiling length print in my house would be sweet)

I think the Art Deco movement is one of the cooler movements. I find the style very intriguing in the way the artists used geometric shapes and the gradients they used to give everything a metallic look.

Another aspect I like is that the movement didn't affect just one area of art, but all the areas of art. It affected fine art as well as design, even architecture and fashion.

The industrial look to everything appeals to me a lot because when its done correctly it tends to look like it was made by machine, yet in reality it was done by the hands of a human being.

The Art Deco movement is one of many that I would really like to see make a comeback.

1 comment:

  1. You need to visit Miami and see the influence of Art Deco there.

    ReplyDelete